Highly Regarded, Expert
Winchester Hospital serves the health care needs of northwest suburban Boston, including Andover, Arlington, Billerica, Burlington, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Methuen, North Andover, North Reading, Reading, Stoneham, Tewksbury, Wakefield, Winchester, Wilmington and Woburn, as well as several other surrounding communities.
Winchester Hospital's main campus is located at 41 Highland Avenue in Winchester, Massachusetts. Our main telephone number is 781-729-9000.
Medical Specialties at Winchester Hospital
In addition to acute-care inpatient services, Winchester Hospital also provides an extensive range of outpatient services as well as integrated home care. Winchester Hospital provides care in major clinical areas including medicine, surgery, pediatrics, cancer care, obstetrics/gynecology and newborn care.
Winchester Hospital is the leading provider in such important medical specialties as cardiology, pulmonary medicine, oncology, gastroenterology, orthopedics, rehabilitation, radiation oncology and pain management.
Obstetrics and Pediatrics
Winchester Hospital is also recognized as one of the area's most prominent obstetric and pediatric hospitals, with more than 2,000 babies born every year.
Services to maternity patients include access to a Special Care Nursery staffed by neonatologists from Boston Children's Hospital who care for newborns in need of the clinical intervention of a Level IIB nursery.
Through an innovative partnership with Boston Children's Hospital, physicians offer 24-hour coverage for inpatient care and emergency services.
Commitment to Women’s Health
Winchester Hospital's commitment to women's health care extends beyond its recognized obstetric service. The Winchester Hospital Breast Care Center, located in Woburn, is a regional evaluation center offering breast health resources to women.
In addition, the hospital's mammography centers, located in Wilmington, Winchester and Woburn, offer a full range of educational and diagnostic services.
Highest Quality Technology
Winchester Hospital is also committed to giving its patients access to the highest quality technology available in a community setting. The hospital offers the state-of-the-art da Vinci robotic surgical system and is a leading provider of diagnostic services.
Advanced imaging technology includes digital mammography, CT scanners at two locations, and two state-of-the-art MRI units.
Winchester Hospital is proud to maintain affiliations with some of the most respected medical institutions in the country. Our clinical relationships help us provide the highest possible quality patient care in these areas:
- Critical Care Coverage (ICU Intensivist Program) – Tufts Medical Center
- Neonatology & Special Care Nursery (for newborns with higher medical needs, Level IIB) – Boston Children’s Hospital
- Pediatric Inpatient and Emergency Department Coverage – Boston Children’s Hospital
- Perinatology & Maternal-Fetal Medicine (for complicated or high-risk pregnancies) – Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Tufts Medical Center
- Surgical Residency Program Affiliation, Obstetrics/Gynecology Residency Program Affiliation and Family Practice Program Affiliation – Tufts Medical Center
- Psychiatric Services Agreement – McLean Hospital
Winchester Hospital is a member of these organizations:
- The American Hospital Association
- The Massachusetts Hospital Association
- Yankee Alliance, a division of the American Healthcare System
Facts About Winchester Hospital
- Year Founded: 1912
- Number of Beds: 229
- Area Residents Served: 360,000 and growing
- Communities Served: Andover, Arlington, Billerica, Burlington, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Methuen, North Andover, North Reading, Reading, Stoneham, Tewksbury, Wakefield, Winchester, Wilmington and Woburn
- Employees: 2,700
- Volunteers: 800 donating more than 64,000 hours a year
- Physicians: 815 (449 active, 366 courtesy)
- Clinical Locations: 20, located in 9 area towns
- Number of Admissions: 14,299
- Number of Patient Days: 52,648
- Emergency Room Visits: 50,885
- Surgery Cases: 9,377 (6,812 outpatient, 2,565 inpatient)
- Babies Born: 1,823
- Outpatient Visits: 540,763
- Home Care Visits: 45,000
Summary of Winchester Hospital’s Services
- Inpatient and emergency care
- Obstetrics, special care nursery and pediatrics
- Surgical services
- Cancer care
- Comprehensive range of other subspecialties including pulmonary medicine, gastroenterology, orthopedics, rehabilitation and pain management
- Diagnostic and laboratory services and imaging services
- Home care