Why Winchester Hospital
Winchester Hospital offers you the best of both worlds: practicing in a true community-based environment where collaboration and congeniality are key, and becoming part of forward-thinking, leading-edge ventures to enhance health care services.
Many of the more than 800 physicians on Winchester Hospital’s medical staff have trained at top Boston facilities. They choose to practice here because of the combination of state-of-the-art technology, a collegial atmosphere, one of the region's most distinguished obstetrics services, medical care delivered with a personal touch, our affiliation with the renowned Lahey Health network, and a pleasant quality of life for themselves and their families. The drive to be the best defines the character of our entire hospital. Some examples:
- Winchester Hospital's physicians work alongside a superior nursing staff that has earned Magnet Recognition, the American Nurses Credentialing Center's highest level of recognition possible for excellence in nursing.
- Winchester Hospital is the only hospital to appear on Boston Business Journal’s list of best employers for 10 consecutive years.
- Winchester Hospital has been named in the large-employer category on the Boston Globe’s “100 Top Places to Work 2014” and was the highest ranked health care organization.
- In 2012, Winchester Hospital earned a national distinction for excellence in patient safety from Leapfrog, a prominent national health quality rating organization. The hospital received an ‘A’ rating, which is the highest ranking possible.
- In 2012, for the fifth year in a row, Winchester Hospital received the Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ from HealthGrades®, the leading independent health care ratings organization, which ranks Winchester Hospital among the top 10 percent of hospitals nationwide.
- Winchester Hospital's Breast Care Center is fully accredited by the American College of Radiology as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) and by the American College of Surgeons as a National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
- Winchester Hospital’s state-of-the-art Center for Cancer Care offers a full range of coordinated cancer treatment services, together in one building, with an onsite nurse navigator and cutting-edge treatment options. In 2012, the hospital’s cancer program received the Outstanding Achievement Award by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and was one of only four in the state of Massachusetts, and one of only 106 in the country, to achieve this prestigious designation.
- Winchester Hospital’s weight loss surgery program is nationally recognized as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence and was designated by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts as a Blue Distinction Center for bariatric surgery.
- In 2011, Winchester Hospital was the only community hospital in Massachusetts to win two awards – for outstanding patient experience and patient safety excellence – as well as a Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals award.
Our Quality of Care
Winchester Hospital is defined by excellence. We are strongly committed to ongoing improvement in all we do. Despite our many awards and recognition, we recognize that there are always ways to do things better, more efficiently and more safely.
Our patients benefit from improvements in safety and in the care we deliver. And our community as a whole benefits from efficiencies and cost savings and the investments we make in programs and facilities.
One example of our high level of care can be found in Winchester Hospital’s obstetrics services, which offers 24/7 in-hospital obstetric coverage with an in-house laborist, a highly regarded Maternal Fetal Medicine Program, a Level IIB Special Care Nursery in collaboration with specialists at Boston Children's Hospital, and access to subspecialists at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston Children's Hospital and Tufts Medical Center.
Are you passionate about outreach? At Winchester Hospital, we are committed to benefiting all of the communities we serve by collaborating with partners to identify health needs, improving the health status of community residents, addressing health disparities and educating community members about prevention and self-care.
For more information on our quality of care, please explore theses articles:
Your Professional Experience
Voted as one of the best places to work in the region, Winchester Hospital has consistently high employee satisfaction rates. We are pioneering yet personal, high-performing yet congenial, visionary yet very much community centered. Here you will find collaboration instead of competition. You will become part of trailblazing initiatives not always found in a community hospital setting. Winchester Hospital’s quality metrics are extremely high, and we are well on our way to Patient-Centered Medical Home accreditation, an important step in the transformation of health care. Tens of thousands of patients are now using our MyHealth patient portal.
For more information about how we can provide you with strong educational backgrounds, quality professional credentials, and convenient office hours, please visit our Winchester Physicians Associates pages.
Your Quality of Life
Life in the communities surrounding Winchester Hospital is peaceful and pleasant. The schools are among the best in the country. Boston is a short drive away, with all of its historic landmarks, excellent restaurants, and educational opportunities. You can enjoy the beautiful shoreline and nearby lakes, and skiing and hiking in the mountains. The combination of a highly regarded and forward-thinking hospital in which to practice, and the rich lifestyle that this area has to offer, is what has led many of our medical staff to remain with us for decades.
To explore all available Advanced Practitioner opportunities within the Lahey Health System, please click here.
If you are a Primary Care Physician, explore our primary care opportunities across the Lahey Health System.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.