Safely Managing Blood-Thinning Treatment
Winchester Hospital offers an Anticoagulation Clinic for individuals who take anticoagulants (blood thinners, warfarin/coumidin).
The clinic provides safe, convenient care from a nurse practitioner and registered nurse.
- Immediate results of “finger-stick” INR testing
- On the spot warfarin dosing, anticoagulation-focused assessments
- Patients are also counseled about diet, possible interactions between warfarin (Coumadin) and other medications or vitamins and herbal remedies, the effects of illness, and safety behaviors.
About the Clinic’s Services
The sophisticated coordination of care at the clinic includes:
- Proactive follow-up if an appointment is missed
- Early recognition and management of complications
- Preparation for medication interruptions due to medical procedures
- Coordination of care for travel
The frequency of visits is based on individual patient needs. The initial appointment is approximately 45 minutes, with follow-up sessions lasting 10 to 15 minutes.
The Winchester Hospital Anticoagulation Clinic is open Monday through Friday at the The Center for Healthy Living located at 200 Unicorn Park Drive, Suite 401 in Woburn. Get directions.
Patients must be referred to the Winchester Hospital Anticoagulation Clinic by a Winchester Hospital physician or licensed independent practitioner. For more information, please call 781-756-4079.
Winchester Hospital offers the state-of-the-art da Vinci robotic surgery system for minimally invasive surgery, allowing most patients to go home within 24 hours of surgery, experience less pain and recover faster.
Winchester Hospital offers a variety of rehabilitation services – including cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation as well as physical, occupational and speech therapy – to help you get back to your normal routine.
At every stage of life and for every medical need, Winchester Home Care can help, with home care services for people facing challenges of later life stages, with new babies, with disabilities, fighting illnesses, and more.