Expert Care, State-of-the-Art Equipment
As soon as you walk through the door of the Winchester Hospital Breast Care Center, you’ll know you are in expert hands.
Winchester Hospital is proud to offer the most advanced diagnostic and treatment technology in a comfortable, attractive, professional environment. Our state-of-the-art equipment is used by clinical professionals with demonstrated superior competence and training.
Winchester Hospital’s Breast Care Center is accredited and has earned designation as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) from the American College of Radiology and is also accredited as a National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) from the American College of Surgeons. The Breast Care Center at Winchester Hospital is licensed by the Department of Public Health.
These designations and accreditations are a testament to our investment in the best possible technology as well as the skill and expertise of those using it.
Find a doctor who specializes in breast care.
About Our Technology
Winchester Hospital’s state-of-the-art breast imaging technologies at the Breast Care Center include:
- Digital mammography
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- MRI-guided breast biopsy
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- Ultrasound breast biopsy
- Breast ductography
Winchester Hospital’s innovative treatment for breast care includes:
- Electronic brachytherapy/Xoft (Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation for early-stage breast cancer)
- IGRT (image-guided radiation therapy)
- IMRT (intensity-modulated radiation therapy)
About the Facility
Our Breast Care Center includes:
- Screening mammography and diagnostic breast imaging reading rooms, where on site radiologists review breast imaging procedures.
- Digital Mammography and Breast Ultrasound Imaging Suites
- A dedicated stereotactic breast biopsy suite
- Patient education rooms, which include internet access
- Consult rooms with private clinical exam rooms
- Breast specialist consultations – including breast reconstruction and second opinions
- Conference space for meetings and educational programs
- A large reception area as well as private patient dressing rooms/lockers/patient seating area
- On-site surgeons, radiologists, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists
If an Abnormality is Found
If your breast exam reveals an abnormality, a dedicated Breast Care Center nurse navigator helps you along the path from diagnosis to treatment to after-care, ensuring your medical and personal needs are met.
For more information about our advanced breast care, contact us at 781-756-2308.
Winchester Hospital was the first community hospital in Massachusetts to earn Magnet recognition, which recognizes quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice.
Winchester Hospital offers the state-of-the-art da Vinci robotic surgical system for minimally invasive surgery, allowing most patients to go home within 24 hours of surgery, experience less pain and recover faster.
To complement our excellent medical and surgical services, Winchester Hospital offers alternative therapies, including acupuncture, hypnotherapy, massage therapy, yoga and more.