Advanced Cancer Care
The Center for Cancer Care was created
based on the vision to develop a new, community-based center, dedicated to a truly integrated model of cancer care. Winchester Hospital is proud to offer patients diagnosed with cancer easy access to the most advanced clinical care in an environment uniquely dedicated to meeting their every need.
Winchester Hospital’s Cancer Program was selected as a recipient of the Outstanding Achievement Award by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, making it one of only four in Massachusetts to achieve this prestigious designation.
Winchester Hospital’s Center for Cancer Care is located at 620 Washington Street in Winchester. The center’s main phone number is 781-756-5000.
Find a doctor who specializes in cancer care.
The mission of the Center for Cancer Care is to:
- Provide a full range of integrated, coordinated oncology services, designed around patient needs, that meet or exceed nationally accepted quality standards
- Provide patients and families with compassionate support through the process of diagnosis, treatment and survivorship
- Achieve American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Accreditation as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program
Our Cancer Care Services
Dedicated to meeting patients' physical, emotional and spiritual needs – as well as supportive care for the family – Winchester Hospital's Center for Cancer Center offers:
- One dedicated facility that is a warm, accessible environment for patients to receive diagnostic care and treatment
- Clinical excellence from physicians who are distinguished as cancer specialists in the spectrum of diagnostic areas
- Spacious, private infusion suites dedicated to providing patients undergoing chemotherapy with the greatest comfort and aesthetically soothing environment
- One-on-one support from a nurse navigator and social worker
- Integrative therapies, giving people with cancer easy access to a spectrum of services such as acupuncture and massage, which have been shown to improve mental well being, reduce fatigue and nausea associated with treatment, speed healing from surgery and more.
About Our Facility
The Center for Cancer Care boasts natural lighting, warm tones and inviting places for patients, family members and friends. The center also offers a fireplace, skylights, artwork, comfortable chairs, a café and Wi-Fi.
The Center for Cancer Care is also home to Winchester Hospital’s STAR Program®, a nationally recognized cancer rehabilitation program to help minimize the side effects of cancer treatments.
In addition to medical and radiation oncology, we offer:
- Laboratory services
- Multidisciplinary clinics for breast, head and neck, and thoracic cancers
- Support groups including the “Look Good… Feel Better” program through the American Cancer Society
- Nutrition counseling
- Pastoral services
- A Caring Place, a retail boutique providing wig fitting, prosthetic and bra fitting, and more
We invite you to use the links on this page to learn more about our education, prevention, early detection, treatment and support services for cancer care.