Personalized Cancer Care
State-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment technology and clinical expertise are the foundation of advanced cancer care at Winchester Hospital’s Center for Cancer Care. We are committed to patient-centered, multidisciplinary care.
Winchester Hospital’s Center for Cancer Care is located at 620 Washington Street in Winchester. The center’s main phone number is 781-756-5000.
For some people with cancer, traveling far to get treatment can be difficult. Cancer treatment often involves regular visits for chemotherapy, radiation, blood tests and check-ups. For communities north of Boston, the Center for Cancer Care provides a convenient location for leading-edge services.
Find a doctor who specializes in cancer care.
Our Multidisciplinary Approach
At Winchester Hospital’s Center for Cancer Care, patient-centered care is delivered through a multidisciplinary approach. Multidisciplinary cancer care involves delivering coordinated and quality care to patients through the work of multiple clinicians.
At our center, clinicians from different disciplines provide input into the various aspects of a patient’s care to create a consolidated plan. This approach:
- Increases patient satisfaction
- Decreases the time from diagnosis to treatment
- Improves communication among physicians involved in the person’s treatment
We implement evidence-based practice as established by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) to enhance the safety and effectiveness of chemotherapy administration.
Winchester Hospital also offers the STAR Program®, a nationally recognized cancer rehabilitation program to help minimize the side effects of cancer treatments.
Our Cancer Accreditation
Winchester Hospital’s Cancer Program has earned a three-year Accreditation with Commendation from the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer.
The American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer awards Accreditation with Commendation only to facilities that voluntarily undergo an extensive evaluation process and performance review. In order to maintain accreditation, facilities with approved programs must have an on-site review every three years.
Winchester Hospital received its Accreditation with Commendation for providing a cancer program that excels in cancer committee leadership, data management, clinical services, research, community outreach and quality improvement.
Receiving care at a Commission on Cancer-approved cancer program ensures access to:
- Quality care close to home
- Comprehensive cancer care offering a range of state-of-the-art services and equipment
- A multi-specialty and multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best treatment options
- Access to cancer-related information, education and support
- A cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment results
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
About Molecular-Targeted Cancer Treatment
Molecular-targeted cancer therapies are drugs or other substances that block the spread of cancer by interfering with specific molecules involved in tumor growth. It includes drugs that:
- Interfere with the signals needed for cell growth or the blood vessels that feed a tumor
- Promote the death of specific cancer cells
- Stimulate the immune system to destroy specific cancer cells
- Deliver toxic drugs to cancer cells
These types of state-of-the-art therapies are available at Winchester Hospital’s Center for Cancer Care.
The skilled and caring staff at Winchester Hospital's Pain Management Center helps hundreds of patients each year reduce and cope with chronic pain so that they can lead more active and productive lives.
At every stage of life and for every medical need, Winchester Home Care can help, with home care services for people facing challenges of later life stages, with new babies, with disabilities, fighting illnesses, and more.
To complement our excellent medical and surgical services, Winchester Hospital offers alternative therapies, including acupuncture, hypnotherapy, massage therapy, yoga and more.