Our Perinatology Services
Winchester Hospital offers maternal-fetal medicine services for high-risk pregnancies as well as prenatal consults.
A few surprises along the way are normal for every pregnancy. What’s not normal is when surprises put the health of the baby and mother at risk.
Through Winchester Hospital’s collaboration with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Tufts Medical Center, our maternal-fetal medicine service provides continuous care and consultation for women with high-risk pregnancies. This care is provided here at Winchester Hospital together with your private obstetrician in collaboration with high-risk specialists.
A 16-bassinet Level IIB neonatal intensive care unit provides services for infants should they need to be delivered early.
About High-Risk Pregnancies
Factors that can complicate a pregnancy include:
- Sickle cell anemia
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Thyroid disease
- Multiple gestation (twins, triplets or more)
- Fetal anomalies
- Intrauterine growth retardation
- Pregnancy-induced hypertension (high blood pressure)/preeclampsia
- Incompetent cervix
- Reproductive cancer
- DES exposure
- Fetal surgery
- History of pregnancy loss and preterm labor
- Conception achieved through the use of reproductive technologies
- Babies with abnormalities
- Advanced maternal age (women who will be 35 or older at the time of delivery are at higher risk of genetic abnormalities than younger moms)
In order to deliver your baby at Winchester Hospital, your obstetrician must be a member of our medical staff. Find an obstetrician/gynecologist on the Winchester Hospital medical staff.
To complement our excellent medical and surgical services, Winchester Hospital offers alternative therapies, also called complementary therapies, including acupuncture, hypnotherapy, massage therapy, yoga and more.
Emergency care at Winchester Hospital is stronger than ever. We offer the latest technology, medical care and pediatric services through a partnership with specialists from Boston Children’s Hospital.