We Help You Recover
Winchester Hospital/Orthopaedics Plus has provided orthopedic therapy and specialized physical and occupational therapy treatments to the community since 1993. Here are just a few of the reasons why patients and their physicians recommend Winchester Hospital/Orthopaedics Plus:
- Our philosophy – We value continuity of care and commit to patients seeing the same therapist from the beginning to the end of their care. We find this model enhances communication between therapists and patients which results in superior follow up care. The end result is reduced health care costs, increased patient satisfaction and better outcomes.
- Expert team – Our staff are highly experienced physical and occupational therapy professionals. They are specialized in areas of spine, hand, foot, vestibular disorders, worker compensation injuries, total joint rehabilitation, pediatric rehabilitation, and more.
- Patients love us – Our patient satisfaction scores rank us in the 99th percentile for overall care.
- National recognition – We have been nationally recognized for establishing a specialized teaching institution accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association. The Institute of Orthopaedic Manual Therapy offers a yearlong residency program and weekend seminars to licensed physical therapists across the nation.
- Commitment – Winchester Hospital's physical and occupational therapy department is committed to supporting Winchester Hospital's physicians and the communities it serves. Our staff works with primary care physicians to manage common orthopedic conditions. We also work with specialists who refer patients with complicated medical/surgical diagnoses. Call the directors if you have any questions on how we can help you manage your patients' needs.
Our Programs and Services
- Physical Therapy – The staff at Winchester Hospital/Orthopaedics Plus has extensive training in orthopedic manual physical therapy through its nationally accredited teaching facility, The Institute of Orthopaedic Manual Therapy. We specialize in the treatment of orthopedic disorders, the spine, sports injuries, hand disorders, traumatic disorders, surgical and joint replacement rehabilitation. Learn more.
- Occupational Therapy – Winchester Hospital Orthopaedics Plus offers high-quality orthopedic rehabilitation services. Our approach begins with a thorough musculoskeletal evaluation to identify specific areas of dysfunction or injury, followed by an individually based treatment plan that includes attentive care, patient education, and self-management techniques. Learn more.
- WORKSENSE® Program for Occupational Rehabilitation – Work injury services include acute injury treatment, work status testing (evaluates injured person’s ability to return to work safely), work conditioning and functional capacity evaluations. Worksite assistance is aimed at identifying risk and barriers to returning injured employees to work. Ergonomic and early intervention consultations train employees to job-specific issues aimed at injury prevention. Learn more.
- Post-Breast Surgery Rehabilitation Services – Our experienced staff members offer specialized services to help reduce post-surgical complications, restore normal function and mobility of the shoulders, neck, arm and other areas of the body affected by breast surgery. Learn about breast care services at Winchester Hospital.
- Lymphedema Services – We have expert staff that can help patients suffering from abnormal swelling after surgery and educate patients on how to manage an often chronic condition. Treatment includes hands-on therapy, exercise, instruction on manual lymph drainage, and skin care to reduce swelling and prevent recurrence.
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Services – A customized rehabilitation program designed by an experienced physical therapist can help those affected with these debilitating conditions to remain active and prevent the risk of injury from falls. The basis for effective treatment is to teach patients how to improve stability and self-care strategies that have been shown effective for patients with balance conditions. Learn more.
- Joint Replacement Rehabilitation – A customized rehabilitation program can help patients achieve their highest functional level after joint replacement. Our experienced physical therapists will develop an effective treatment program that will teach patients appropriate exercises to stretch, strengthen, and improve their joint mobility and function. Learn about joint replacement at Winchester Hospital.
- Occupational Hand Therapy – Our occupational hand therapy department is staffed by very experienced occupational therapists who offer rehabilitation services for tendon injuries, fractures or surgical procedures of the hand or elbow, cumulative stress injuries, splint or brace fabrication and arthritic conditions of the hand. Learn more.
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Services – Our physical, occupational and speech therapists specialize in the diagnosis, treatment and management of children and adolescents with a variety of neuromuscular, skeletal, and developmental disorders. Learn more.
- Women's Health for Incontinence – This program provides women with specific training to help relieve the effects of incontinence. A physical therapist with specific incontinence training can teach women pelvic floor muscle exercises, which have been recommended as a first-line, conservative management program for women with stress, urge, or mixed urinary incontinence. Learn more.
We have four convenient locations just north of Boston, Massachusetts:
Russell Hill Building
955 Main Street, Suite G5
Choate Medical Center
23 Warren Avenue
Family Medical Center
500 Salem Street
Reading Health Center
20 Pond Meadow Drive, Suite 120
Click on the links below to access, print and complete the applicable registration form prior to your evaluation.