Offering the Best in Gynecologic Care
Winchester Hospital is a regional leader in providing the most advanced care for gynecologic conditions.
- We were the first community hospital in Massachusetts to offer minimally invasive gynecologic procedures.
- We have performed the most minimally invasive malignant hysterectomies of any Massachusetts hospital.
- We also stand as a regional leader in offering women robotic hysterectomies and other minimally invasive alternatives for simple and complex gynecologic conditions, including fibroids, endometriosis and stress incontinence.
Why Winchester Hospital?
Both patients and expert physicians choose Winchester Hospital for a reason: our state-of-the-art technology and commitment to providing the most advanced gynecology care in the region north of Boston.
We provide easy access to innovative therapeutics and gynecologic surgical procedures that set a new standard for advanced gynecology care in a community hospital. This has earned Winchester Hospital a national reputation as experts in ovarian cancer and other malignant and benign gynecology conditions.
Our expert gynecologic team treats:
- Ovarian cancer
- Uterine (endometrial) cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Uterine fibroids
- Urinary incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Pelvic floor disorders
Our Technology & Innovations
Winchester Hospital leads the region in providing patients with easy access to the most innovative gynecologic diagnostic and treatment technologies and techniques employed by top clinical experts in the field.
Among Winchester Hospital’s state-of-the-art technologies for treatment of gynecologic diseases and disorders are:
- da Vinci (minimally invasive robotic surgery system)
- Minimally invasive hysterectomies
- Uterine fibroid embolization
- Fertility-sparing surgery
- Laparoscopy and mini-laparotomy
- IGRT (image-guided radiation therapy)
- IMRT (intensity-modulated radiation therapy)
- Electronic brachytherapy/Xoft (to treat endometrial cancers)
Winchester Hospital's Breast Care Center is fully accredited as an ACR Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, offering digital mammography, breast biopsies and on-site surgeons, radiologists and oncologists.
Winchester Hospital is recognized as one of the area’s most prominent obstetric hospitals, offering a 24-hour laborist program and a Special Care Nursery for newborns in need of specialized medical care.