Advanced Treatment of Urologic Conditions
Winchester Hospital’s urologic surgeons are leaders in the advanced treatment of urologic health conditions. Our highly-trained and experienced physicians provide state-of-the-art treatment for a range of conditions, including:
- Robotic surgery for prostate, kidney and adrenal cancers
- Laparoscopic surgery for prostate, kidney and adrenal cancers
- The latest brachy seed therapy for prostate cancer
- Kidney reconstruction (robotic pyeloplasty)
- Kidney stone treatment
- Urinary incontinence
- A variety of laser and surgical treatments for an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hypertrophy, or BPH)
- And much more
Our surgeons have extensive experience and fellowship training using the most advanced surgical tools, including the da Vinci robotic surgical system. The Winchester Hospital urology team has performed more than 400 robotic procedures, offering the latest in minimally invasive urology surgery.
Leading-edge urology surgery is available right in your community, so you don’t have to travel to Boston or beyond.
Find a urologic surgeon on the Winchester Hospital medical staff.
Conditions Treated with Urology Surgery
At Winchester Hospital, we offer urology treatments for:
- TURP (transurethral resection of the prostate)
- Greenlight and holmium laser treatment
- Kidney reconstruction (pyeloplasty)
- Synththetic and fascial slings
- Urethral bulking agents
- Organ prolapse repair
- Testicle biopsy
- Percutaneous epididymal aspiration (PESA)
- Testicular sperm extraction (TESE)
- Vasectomy reversal
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy
- Laser lithotripsy
- Percutaneous nephrostolithotomy
Oncologic (cancer) surgery
- Robotic surgery for prostate cancer
- Brachy seed placement for prostate cancer
- Robotic and laparoscopic partial and radical nephrectomy for kidney cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Penile cancer
Winchester Hospital offers a wide array of leading-edge diagnostic imaging services close to home, led by a team of highly-skilled general and specialty radiologists, nurses, technologists and support staff.
Winchester Hospital offers the state-of-the-art da Vinci robotic surgical system for minimally invasive surgery, allowing most patients to go home within 24 hours of surgery, experience less pain and recover faster.
Emergency care at Winchester Hospital is stronger than ever. We offer the latest technology, medical care and pediatric services through a partnership with specialists from Boston Children’s Hospital.