A Special Outpatient Program
Winchester Hospital offers an Outpatient Heart Failure Program for people discharged from Winchester Hospital with a diagnosis of heart failure.
Heart failure is a chronic, progressive syndrome that happens when the heart is unable to deliver enough blood and nutrients to meet the body’s needs. According to the American Heart Association, heart failure is the most rapidly growing cardiovascular disorder in the U.S.
Goals of the Program
The goals of the Outpatient Heart Failure Program are to:
- Provide outpatient cardiac care for people with heart failure
- Serve as a liaison between the physician’s office, long-term care facilities and Winchester Hospital
- Provide education, early identification and intervention of worsening heart failure symptoms
- Provide close follow-up of heart failure management
- Enhance quality care and patient satisfaction
Eligible patients may be referred for outpatient follow-up care by a home care nurse, staff nurse, case management coordinator, primary care physician, cardiologist, hospitalist or emergency department physician.
Participants in the program will receive:
- Educational materials and tools
- Periodic, scheduled telephone follow-up calls by the heart failure nurse, consisting of education related to heart failure and advice for self-management
- Assist with physician contact if any problems arise
- Help in connecting with important services such as cardiac rehabilitation, nutrition counseling, diabetes education and home care
The Outpatient Heart Failure Program is offered to patients who are discharged from Winchester Hospital with heart conditions.
Winchester Hospital is committed to providing the most effective weight management programs and, when appropriate, the most advanced treatment for weight loss surgery.
Winchester Hospital offers the state-of-the-art da Vinci robotic surgical system for minimally invasive surgery, allowing most patients to go home within 24 hours of surgery, experience less pain and recover faster.
Emergency care at Winchester Hospital is stronger than ever. We offer the latest technology, medical care and pediatric services through a partnership with specialists from Boston Children’s Hospital.